The following terms and conditions (these Terms) and any other terms notified to you in writing before your trip departure (collectively, the Governing T&Cs) shall apply to all holidays booked with Culture Bites Pte Ltd (UEN 20148537N), a company incorporated in Singapore (the Company). The Company is a licensed travel agent in Singapore (Licence No. 02612).
Please read these Terms carefully as the deposit and/or payment for your trip constitute your understanding and acceptance of these Terms. In these Terms, “you” and “your” relates to all persons named on a relevant booking including all such other person(s) added or substituted at a later date.
- Booking and Payment
- Once you are satisfied with a written quotation for a particular tour offered by the Company (the Tour), you must complete, sign and return the booking form to the Company along with a 25% non-refundable deposit to reserve your holiday. This deposit forms part of the final payment for the Tour. Unless otherwise provided in the written quotation, the price therein includes airfare, accommodation, airport transfers (if any) and meals detailed in the itinerary (if any) and excludes all goods and services tax, tips, travel documents related costs and expenses, insurance, laundry, excess baggage, phone calls and optional excursions. The lead customer who made the booking is taken to have accepted all Governing T&Cs on behalf of and with the full authorisation of all persons named on the booking. Written quotations are valid for a period of 14 days from the date of quotation, unless otherwise indicated.
- Payment of deposit does not constitute confirmation of the Tour, as all group tours are subject to a minimum group size (to be determined by the Company in its sole discretion), availability and at the Company’s discretion.
- The balance of the price must be paid no later than 60 days before the scheduled date of departure [which shall be the due date stated on the confirmation issued to you by the Company]. Full payment is due immediately for all reservations made less than 60 days prior to departure. The Company may assume that you have cancelled your reservation and reserves the right to forfeit the deposit and apply cancellation charges (in accordance with paragraph 3(c) below) if full payment is not received by the relevant due date. Tickets and other documents will not be forwarded unless full payment is received by the Company.
- Payments to the Company may be made by way of [cheque, crossed and payable to “Culture Bites Pte Ltd”, cash, credit card or transfer to such bank account as the Company may notify to you in writing]. You shall be responsible for all bank related charges incurred by the Company for telegraphic or bank transfers (if any). [You will be invoiced by the Company for any and all such charges incurred and you shall make payment thereof within 7 days of the date of such invoice.]
- The price of your trip stated in our quotation is in reference to the base currency based on the booking made by the Company on the quotation date. In the event of an adverse currency fluctuation equal to or more than 2% of the overall trip cost between the quotation date and the deposit being received and/or the final payment date, the Company reserves the right to adjust the final balance to reflect such fluctuation.
- All payments and quotations hereunder shall be made in Singapore Dollars (S$).
- Requests for amendments to any reservation (such as change of name, change of flight itinerary or change of accommodation) must be made by you or the lead customer to the Company in writing, stating clearly the exact amendments required. If the requested amendments can be made, you will be provided with a quote detailing the costs which will be incurred due to such amendments (whether by ourselves and/or our suppliers) (the Amendment Quotation) for your acceptance. For the avoidance of doubt, no changes will be made to your reservation unless and until the Company receives your confirmation in writing to proceed with the amendments based on the Amendment Quotation.
- The Company will use its reasonable endeavours to meet your requests for amendments but it does not in any event guarantee that such amendments can and/or will be made.
- An administrative fee [S$ 50 ] will be charged by the Company for any revision or alteration made to a reservation.
- Cancellations and Refunds
- You are allowed to cancel a reservation by notifying the Company in writing at any time prior to departure. The cancellation will be effective the day such notification is received by the Company. Cancellation charges will apply for all cancellations by you (for any reason whatsoever) as follows:
|No. of days between departure and date of receipt of cancellation notice
|Cancellation fee per customer||Refund per customer|
|55 days and above||100% of deposit or
25% of Tour fare (if full amount has been paid)
|0% of deposit or 75% of Tour fare (if full amount has been paid)|
|40 – 54 days||50% of Tour fare||50% of Tour fare|
|21 – 39 days||75% of Tour fare||25% of Tour fare|
|7 – 20 days||90% of Tour fare||10% of Tour fare|
|6 days and less||100% of Tour fare||Nil|
- The cancellation fees stated above are in addition to any cancellation fees that may be levied by third party suppliers, including without limitation no-show fees, refund administrative fees and other deposits paid to their suppliers to secure confirmation of services as requested. Without prejudice to the foregoing, flight changes, flight cancellation and spelling corrections to customer names etc. after air tickets have been issued are also subject to airline cancellation or revision fees.
- The Company reserves the right to change or cancel your reservation in accordance with circumstances beyond its control or its operating requirements (e.g. low subscription for a group tour prior to departure). Should change or cancellation be necessary, the Company will inform you or the lead customer notice thereof and, where available, offer you a comparable alternative. If the alternative is not acceptable or is unavailable, you will be entitled to a full refund of all payments made in respect of such cancelled Tour (less any deductions made for amendments to reservations (if applicable)). The Company shall not in any event be liable for any other losses, costs, expenses, damages or refunds of any kind whatsoever sustained by you due to such cancellation.
- The Company takes reasonable effort to avoid changes in the itinerary. It, however, reserves the right to alter or modify the itinerary without advanced notice and at any time, to withdraw any component from your Tour and/or substitute a component of comparable standard. If such changes are material, you or the lead customer will be notified of the changes and shall have the option of either accepting the modified tour or to cancel your reservation prior to departure, in which event the Company will make a full refund of all payments made in respect of such cancelled reservation (less any deductions made for amendments to reservations (if applicable)). The Company shall not in any event be liable for any other losses, costs, expenses, damages or refunds of any kind whatsoever sustained by you due to such cancellation.
- No refunds will be made after commencement of your Tour if you fail to utilise any part thereof, whether due to voluntary absence from the Tour or otherwise.
- Refunds to be made by the Company hereunder shall be processed within 4 to 6 weeks from the date of written cancellation as follows:
(i) for cheque, cash payment or bank transfers: by way of cheque; and
(ii) for credit card payment: through the credit card company.
- COMPREHENSIVE TRAVEL INSURANCE (INCLUDING TRIP DELAY, CANCELLATION, TRIP INTERRUPTION AND BAGGAGE) AND HEALTH, ACCIDENT AND MEDICAL EVACUATION INSURANCE ARE STRONGLY RECOMMENDED. Any questions regarding what travel insurance does and does not cover should be addressed directly to the travel insurance company.
- Extension of Stay / Deviation from Itinerary
- You may extend or deviate your stay at the end of the Tour, subject always to, amongst other things, availability of accommodation, flights and maximum validity of air ticket. It is your responsibility to hold firm confirmation for the return flight.
- When extension or deviation cannot be confirmed at least 2 weeks prior to departure, you are deemed to be taking the original itinerary.
- You shall bear all costs and fees incurred or to be incurred for such extension or deviation.
- Holiday Details and Conditions
- You are responsible for all travel arrangements and costs to and from the point of commencement and conclusion of the Tour.
- You shall comply with the lawful authority and decisions of the appointed representative(s) of your Tour and the applicable law of the country(ies) in which you are travelling at all times. Should there be any inappropriate behaviour by you (e.g. failure to comply with applicable law or the lawful directions of the Company and/or its representative, non-compatibility with the general enjoyment and well-being of other members on the Tour or physical or verbal abuse of Company’s representative(s)), the Company reserves the right to forthwith terminate your holiday, in which case you shall be solely responsible for your own repatriation and related costs thereto.
- Travel Documents
It is your responsibility to ensure that all persons travelling have:
- valid passports with a minimum of 6 months validity beyond the return date and at least two blank pages; and
- the necessary travel permits, visas, vaccinations and all other relevant travel document(s) as may be required by the respective government authorities of the country(ies) you / they are visiting.
The Company shall not be liable for any costs incurred by you as a result of failing to obtain any of the foregoing travel documents.
You should inform the Company’s representative immediately of any complaint you may have during your Tour. If the matter cannot be resolved during your Tour, your complaint should be made in writing to the Company as soon as reasonably possible, and in any case within 14 days of the conclusion of your Tour so that your complaint can be investigated and addressed promptly. Beyond such date, the Company shall not be obliged to look into your complaint.
- Limitation of Liability
(a) The Company acts as an agent for hotels and other places of accommodation, tour companies, airlines, other vendors and their owners and contractors (collectively, our suppliers) providing accommodation, transport, touring and other aspects of your Tour. The Company does not own or operate any of our suppliers or any entity which provides goods or services for your Tour. As a result, the Company shall not be responsible or liable for any act of such entity, their employees or agents or of any third person.
(b) The Company shall not in any event be responsible or liable for any injury, illness, death, loss (including loss of enjoyment and loss of business, profits or employment), damage, expense, cost or other claims or liability of any description which results from:
(i) any fault of you or any member of your party;
(ii) any fault of a third party unconnected with us and the provision of the services for which you have contracted with us; or
(iii) any circumstances beyond our or our suppliers’ reasonable control.
(c) To the extent permitted under applicable law, the Company’s total liability to you arising under or in connection with the Governing T&Cs, whether in the contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise shall not exceed the value of your reservation (including taxes and deposit).
- Confidentiality and Personal Data
- The Company will safeguard your personal data in accordance with all applicable law. The Company will only collect and/or disclose your personal data required for the purpose of providing the services to you as contemplated hereunder. You hereby acknowledge and agree that the Company may transfer your personal data to the relevant suppliers in Singapore and overseas (e.g. hotels and airlines) in order to confirm your reservations. Save for disclosure which may be required for the purpose aforesaid or unless otherwise required by law, the Company undertakes not to disclose your personal information to any unauthorised third party without your prior written consent.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, you hereby acknowledge and agree that the Company and/or its representative(s) may take photographs and videos of you during the Tour and that these may be used in the Company’s marketing and promotional materials without having to obtain any further consent from you.
- Changes to Terms and Conditions
The Company reserves the right to amend, delete or supplement these Terms at any time without prior notice. Any such changes will be effective immediately upon its publication on the Company’s website www.culturebitesfoodtours.com.
- Application of Third Party Terms and Conditions
These Terms are to be read in conjunction with the terms and conditions contained in the relevant documents provided by the Company’s suppliers (if any) (the Supplier Terms).
- Entire Agreement
The Governing T&Cs (as may be amended from time to time), the Supplier Terms (if any) and all documents referred to herein contain all the terms and conditions agreed upon between you and the Company as to the subject matter hereof. Save as expressly provided, no representation, warranty, term or condition can be expressed or implied by reference to any other writing, advertisement or verbal communication.
(a) All notices, demands or other communications required or permitted to be given or made hereunder shall be in writing and delivered by hand, by courier or prepaid registered post with recorded delivery, or by facsimile or electronic transmission addressed to the Company or you or the lead customer (as the case may be) at its registered address or at its facsimile number or e-mail address, designated by it for the purposes of these Terms or to such other address or facsimile number or e-mail address, and marked for the attention of such person, as a party may from time to time duly notify the other in writing.
(b) Any notice, demand or communication so served by hand, courier with recorded delivery, fax, e-mail or post shall be deemed to have been duly given:
(i) in the case of delivery by hand or by courier, when delivered;
(ii) in the case of fax, at the time of transmission;
(iii) in the case of post, on the second business day after the date of posting (if sent by local mail) and on the seventh business day after the date of posting (if sent by air mail);
(iv) in the case of e-mail, at the time of transmission provided the sender can prove it was issued to the correct electronic mail address as aforesaid;
provided that in each case where delivery by hand, by courier, by fax or e-mail occurs on a day which is not a business day or after 5pm on a business day, service shall be deemed to occur at 9am on the next following business day.
References to time in this Clause are to local time in the country of the addressee.
If any provision of these Terms is held to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part in any jurisdiction, these Terms shall, as to such jurisdiction, continue to be valid as to its other provisions and the remainder of the affected provision; and the legality, validity and enforceability of such provision in any other jurisdiction shall be unaffected.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The Governing T&Cs and any disputes arising hereunder or thereunder shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore. You and the Company agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore regarding any such dispute.
- Travel Agent Insolvency Insurance for travel out of Singapore
It is a legal requirement that travellers leaving Singapore must be advised about the opportunity to purchase travel insurance against travel agents becoming insolvent. It is not mandatory for customers to make this purchase. If you wish to purchase cover, please advice your Culture Bites representative at time of booking.